Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year/Malt Mission Anniversary





HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


It was exactly 2 years ago that this MALT MISSION began.

Nuts.

Glad it's still going strong, if not as regular as it once was. This blog has introduced me to new folks, new malts, and a new job. I am still delighted and amazed to see 1000+ unique visitors use the site every day and I thank all of you for your continued support. THANK YOU!

Even since leaving the UK I continue to get samples from supportive distillers, hilarious searches directing folks to Dr. Whisky, and I still get several emails a week with questions and inquiries. Thank you all and I hope I have been of help on your own malt missions. THANK YOU!

This year will see Malt Mission #400 and I can't bloody wait to see what I am gonna throw down my gullet between now and then...

My new years resolution is to try more American whisky.

And now I raise a dram to another year of the Malt Mission on Dr. Whisky.

Cheers all,
Sam

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To you too, Doc. And a whisky bath? You're a nut.

Dascamel said...

Hey I have enjoyed your blog for the last 6 months and have searched your reviews tirelessly. I tried a lot of bourbons and Canadians looking for a good American Whiskey. I have settled on a Rye Whiskey, Templeton's Rye. Very good and has replaced Jack Daniels in my home bar. I mean Jack Daniels will always be a good drink, but Templeton's took me by surprise. Also another very good distillery is Prichard's, down in Georgia. They primarily make Rum, but they make a very good bourbon based Liqueur called Sweet Lucy. If you need any help getting some just let me know.

sku said...

Happy New Year Doc! I'm looking forward to some American whiksey reviews now that you're among us.

But will it still me a MALT mission if you're sampling Bourbons and Ryes?

Także teges said...

GJ :]
Happy New Year and greetings from Poland ;-)

Anonymous said...

Dr.,
I love your blog!
I am a big fan of Irish and Americans. I'm taking your advice and trying to get into scotches, but I just can't seem to break into the market!
But if you would like a great American to kick off your new year's resolution, try the American
Elijah Craig 18 yr.($50-60 USD)
It's my personal faorite! It has layers of sweet flavor and of course, just enough heat!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. a whisky bad seems relaxing ;)