Friday, December 09, 2011

Malt Mission 2011 #404

The Silver Grouse
Blended Malt Whisky
45%
£30


Honestly? I have no information about this bottle to share except for what the label told me:


It is a blended malt and is chill-filtered at -8 degrees Celsius, a proposition that seems familiar to the brilliant commercial failure of J&B -6. The label explains that this whisky was specially designed to celebrate Famous Grouse's 25 years as Scotland's number 1 blended whisky. 


I took a sample off a bar in an office in Taipei and I am afraid neither the internet nor my shelves of books offer me much else by way of background. Sorry! Do you know this whisky?


For more info on the Famous Grouse family of blends and to see all tasted so far on the mission, click HERE.


TASTING NOTES:

Wildly pleasant and easy-going nose. Creamy and sweet with dates and honey. Slight salty or briney note in there, too.

More dates, raisins and an oaty gristiness, drying with dusty oak and pleasant sherry.


SUMMARY:


Classic Grouse style, easy to drink and a joy all the while. Now who knows where the hell this thing is available?


2 comments:

The Rookie said...

Man, I thought by now people would have chimed in letting us know where we can find this stuff! I'm not a huge fan of the Grouse, but I like it just fine and would be willing to give this one a go if we had it in the U.S.

Anonymous said...

You can get it in Taiwan. i can send u one if u want.